Dow appreciates 65.19 points ( +0.33 %) to settle at 19,614.81.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index appreciates 4.84 points ( +0.22 %) and is now at 2,246.19.
The tech heavy Nasdaq went up 23.6 points ( +0.44 %) close at 5,417.36.
Oil settles at $50.84 (0.00% from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,172.40 (0.00% from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.39%. The interest rate of the yield has increased ( +0.04 %), meaning that the value of the bond has decreased. Increasing bond yield means that the value of the bond decreases and hurts bond holders but can encourage people to put more money in bonds for the higher yield.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 66.39 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 27.41 %. Volume is 12.50 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (up) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 73.47 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 65.39 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 14.79 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.29 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 08.04 %.
The median forward PE is at 17.96, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.71 % and average yield is 01.65 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.53. The PEGY Ratio of 2.53 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.71 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 22.95 (0.38; 01.68 %)
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 112.12 (1.09; 00.98 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 118.91 (0.96; 00.81 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 767.33 (-3.09;-00.40 %)
- Wells Fargo & Company (WFC) at 57.29 (0.01; 00.02 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Majesco Entertainment Company (COOL) at 5.17 (2.01; 63.61 %)
- RiceBran Technologies (RIBT) at 1.05 (0.30; 40.00 %)
- Steel Excel Inc. (SXCL) at 14.79 (3.29; 28.61 %)
- PhotoMedex, Inc. (PHMD) at 4.78 (1.04; 27.81 %)
- Northern Dynasty Minerals Ltd. (NAK) at 1.91 (0.39; 25.66 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Seanergy Maritime Holdings Corp. (SHIP) at 1.20 (-1.00;-45.45 %)
- Ohr Pharmaceutical, Inc. (OHRP) at 1.90 (-0.63;-24.90 %)
- Horizon Pharma plc (HZNP) at 15.03 (-4.36;-22.49 %)
- Comtech Telecommunications Corp. (CMTL) at 10.55 (-2.20;-17.25 %)
- Cobalt International Energy, Inc. (CIE) at 1.15 (-0.19;-14.18 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Thu Dec 8 15:00:01 MST 2016)
- Must-have video games this holiday season
- Here’s where major strategists see stocks ending the year
- Private job creation surges in November
- Bank of America CEO Brian Moynihan sees banks benefiting from
- After saying Trump would cause a ‘global depression,’ billionaire
- ‘Selfie’ generation putting sales of this popular gift under
- Oil prices rise despite doubts over OPEC output cut
- Astronaut and US Senator John Glenn has died at 95
- Bethune: Trump is a businessman, whether you like his personality
- Big Oil is returning to Iran ‘ despite Donald Trump’s threats
- Carl Icahn says he made a mistake on playing the post-election dip
- Carl Icahn criticizes EPA, says Trump’s pick Pruitt will ‘do the
- Get ready for Republican rush of regulation rollback
- Surprise, surprise: Hedge funds have mostly missed out on the
- Homeland Security tied to attempted hack of Georgia’s election
- Many Medicare drugs soared in price over past five years, new data
- Market a little ahead of itself now, but ‘real tail winds’ in
- Market indicator hits extreme levels last seen before plunges in
- Massive annual defense policy bill passes US Congress
- Mc: Donald’s aims to keep minority stake in China, Hong Kong stores,
- Nintendo’s ‘Super Mario Run’ set to gross $71 million in first
- Samsung plans all-over screen, no home button on Galaxy S8: Report
- Santoli: Another ‘sneaky’ rally emerges, but some reasons for
- Read this before chasing the Trump rally
- The ‘Trump honeymoon’ on Wall Street could last longer than you
- The Trump market ‘melt up’: Euphoria now, but January hangover may
- How progressives can pressure Trump on 3 key issues
- Trump’s labor pick will be a big win for ‘gig economy’ start-ups
- US official warns of North Korean nuclear capabilities