Dow appreciates 59.71 points ( +0.30 %) to settle at 19,852.24.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index appreciates 8.75 points ( +0.39 %) and is now at 2,262.03.
The tech heavy Nasdaq went up 20.19 points ( +0.37 %) close at 5,456.86.
Oil settles at $51.02 ( +0.24 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,130.20 ( +0.04 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.58%. The interest rate of the yield has increased ( +0.06 %), meaning that the value of the bond has decreased. Increasing bond yield means that the value of the bond decreases and hurts bond holders but can encourage people to put more money in bonds for the higher yield.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 57.50 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 36.21 %. Volume is 11.54 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (up) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 67.81 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 62.97 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 02.18 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.61 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 08.87 %.
The median forward PE is at 17.89, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.84 % and average yield is 01.61 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.49. The PEGY Ratio of 2.49 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.75 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 115.82 (0.63; 00.55 %)
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 23.16 (0.49; 02.16 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 761.00 (-7.82;-01.02 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 120.57 (0.36; 00.30 %)
- NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) at 98.71 (2.26; 02.34 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Catalyst Biosciences, Inc. (CBIO) at 1.07 (0.53; 98.15 %)
- Diana Containerships Inc. (DCIX) at 3.88 (1.82; 88.35 %)
- Euroseas Ltd. (ESEA) at 2.50 (1.11; 79.86 %)
- DryShips, Inc. (DRYS) at 5.40 (1.85; 52.11 %)
- Sino-Global Shipping America, Ltd. (SINO) at 3.96 (1.14; 40.43 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc. (PACB) at 3.89 (-3.01;-43.62 %)
- Ocean Rig UDW LLC (ORIG) at 1.53 (-0.73;-32.30 %)
- Amicus Therapeutics, Inc. (FOLD) at 4.80 (-1.05;-17.95 %)
- Gulfmark Offshore, Inc. (GLF) at 1.65 (-0.30;-15.38 %)
- Vericel Corporation (VCEL) at 3.50 (-0.60;-14.63 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Thu Dec 15 15:00:01 MST 2016)
- US crude settles down 14 cents at $50.90 on dollar strength after
- US officials: Putin personally involved in US election hack
- The Donald Trump and Janet Yellen relationship just got more
- Donald Trump, Vanity Fair engage in a digital food fight
- Getting a drone as a gift? Check your insurance
- Getting your finances ready for homeownership
- GM to start autonomous vehicle manufacturing and testing in
- Homebuilder sentiment spikes 7 points
- Heroin and painkiller epidemic led to big spikes in
- Inside the turmoil at the secretive startup that wants to beat
- Investors: Forget Trump and focus on Fed rate hike
- Kremlin disputes NBC report Putin directed hack
- Oracle slides 2% after quarterly sales narrowly miss estimates
- Palantir seat at Trump Tower raises questions
- Swift Transportation to rally 29%, JPMorgan says
- The Dow may be getting frothy as a market signal flashes 20-year
- State Department official: This is one of our top strategies for
- After ‘conciliatory’ Trump tech summit, these stocks could take
- Higher rents push up US consumer inflation
- US IPOs set to rebound after dismal 2016
- US states sue Mylan, Teva, others for allegedly fixing drug prices
- Jury finds Dylann Roof guilty of Charleston church massacre
- Yahoo shares tank on fears that Verizon might scrap acquisition