Dow appreciates 39.65 points ( +0.20 %) to settle at 19,883.06.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index appreciates 4.46 points ( +0.20 %) and is now at 2,262.53.
The tech heavy Nasdaq went up 20.28 points ( +0.37 %) close at 5,457.44.
Oil settles at $51.80 ( -0.61 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,141.10 ( -0.14 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.54%. The interest rate of the yield has decreased ( -0.05 %), meaning that the value of the bond has increased. Decreasing bond yield means that the value of the bond increases and benefits bond holders but can discourage people from putting money in bonds.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 54.36 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 38.99 %. Volume is -12.35 % % from the average. Lower volume means there is lower conviction in this (up) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 69.93 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 63.78 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 02.52 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.41 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 12.79 %.
The median forward PE is at 17.95, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.83 % and average yield is 01.64 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.49. The PEGY Ratio of 2.49 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.50 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 116.64 (0.67; 00.58 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 766.00 (8.23; 01.09 %)
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 22.48 (-0.18;-00.79 %)
- Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) at 63.62 (1.32; 02.12 %)
- NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) at 101.63 (1.22; 01.22 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- xG Technology, Inc. (XGTI) at 3.62 (1.32; 57.39 %)
- Stone Energy Corporation (SGY) at 10.17 (2.42; 31.23 %)
- Globalstar, Inc. (GSAT) at 1.35 (0.30; 28.57 %)
- Loxo Oncology, Inc. (LOXO) at 33.86 (6.95; 25.83 %)
- CPS Technologies Corporation (CPSH) at 1.33 (0.25; 23.15 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- JAKKS Pacific, Inc. (JAKK) at 4.75 (-2.30;-32.62 %)
- Milestone Scientific Inc. (MLSS) at 1.30 (-0.35;-21.21 %)
- Marine Petroleum Trust (MARPS) at 4.54 (-0.96;-17.45 %)
- Ambac Financial Group, Inc. (AMBC) at 21.99 (-4.01;-15.42 %)
- Porter Bancorp, Inc. (PBIB) at 11.25 (-1.60;-12.45 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Mon Dec 19 15:00:01 MST 2016)
- NYC’s housing crunch feeding a homeless crisis
- Apple to appeal EU tax ruling this week
- Wall Street economists doubtful Fed will deliver on rate rises
- About half of Americans support giving residents cash when robots
- Accountants and spies: The secret history of Deloitte’s espionage
- Biogen to name top executive Vounatsos as CEO
- Boeing plans further cost reductions in 2017, including voluntary
- Breakingviews: Yahoo boss Mayer has squandered her second chance
- Defense budgets climb as NATO countries step up spending
- Donald Trump causes nearly $100 billion windfall for stock
- WATCH: In 2007 video, Donald Trump said hiring people smarter than
- Fairfax Financial to buy Allied World
- How this ‘villain’ of the housing crash could be right for you now
- How to deal with your capital gains distributions
- Interest payments could become one of the federal govt’s biggest
- Millionaire spending plans a red flag for retailers: CNBC survey
- The 10 most common mistakes young people make
- ‘Rogue One’ could be Disney’s fourth billion-dollar film of 2016
- Russian ambassador to Turkey dies after being shot in Turkish
- Salvation Army donations up 61% after Cowboy Elliott jumps in red
- ‘The Big Short’ star who nailed the financial crisis says this is
- ‘The Big Short’ star says go long and load up in new ‘golden age’
- This luxury company is one surprising stock to buy: Guggenheim
- 3 people hurt in shooting near Zurich Islamic center
- At least 9 dead and 50 injured in truck incident at Berlin
- Trump’s budget director choice may not believe in his campaign
- Any number of groups could have wanted Russian ambassador dead
- Yellen: Wage growth and low layoff rate help drive strongest jobs