Dow appreciates 39.58 points ( +0.20 %) to settle at 19,796.43.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index declines 2.57 points ( -0.11 %) and is now at 2,256.96.
The tech heavy Nasdaq declines 31.96 points ( -0.59 %) closing at 5,412.54.
Oil settles at $52.52 ( -0.59 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,163.90 ( -0.16 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.48%. The interest rate of the yield has increased ( +0.01 %), meaning that the value of the bond has decreased. Increasing bond yield means that the value of the bond decreases and hurts bond holders but can encourage people to put more money in bonds for the higher yield.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 31.18 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 62.65 %. Volume is 07.32 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (down) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 72.64 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 64.96 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 06.22 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.41 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 09.22 %.
The median forward PE is at 18.22, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.70 % and average yield is 01.63 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.60. The PEGY Ratio of 2.60 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.70 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 22.61 (-0.48;-02.08 %)
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 113.30 (-0.65;-00.57 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 760.12 (-8.54;-01.11 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 117.77 (-1.91;-01.60 %)
- Lockheed Martin Corporation (LMT) at 253.11 (-6.42;-02.47 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Achaogen, Inc. (AKAO) at 13.03 (7.78; 148.19 %)
- Apricus Biosciences, Inc. (APRI) at 1.79 (0.65; 57.02 %)
- Gulfmark Offshore, Inc. (GLF) at 1.70 (0.40; 30.77 %)
- Neonode, Inc. (NEON) at 2.19 (0.39; 21.67 %)
- Ocean Rig UDW LLC (ORIG) at 2.66 (0.44; 19.82 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Ophthotech Corporation (OPHT) at 5.29 (-33.48;-86.36 %)
- Performant Financial Corporation (PFMT) at 2.20 (-1.66;-43.01 %)
- Johnson Outdoors Inc. (JOUT) at 35.10 (-9.76;-21.76 %)
- Patriot National, Inc. (PN) at 5.03 (-1.27;-20.16 %)
- Acorn International, Inc. (ATV) at 6.26 (-1.43;-18.60 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Mon Dec 12 15:00:01 MST 2016)
- Private job creation surges in November
- After saying Trump would cause a ‘global depression,’ billionaire
- Gary Cohn will be bringing Fed fears to Trump’s White House
- Nearly $50,000 in layaway paid off at a Pennsylvania Wal-Mart
- CNBC survey: Trump winning Dems, indies on jobs
- Oil hits highest level since mid-2015 as global producers agree to
- How tough it could get to confirm Tillerson and Mnuchin
- Here comes $60 oil and the stocks set to make big gains
- A big bull-market argument has gotten blown away since the
- It’s not just AirPods: Apple’s Beats X earphones likely delayed
- CNBC EXCLUSIVE
- California to probe sale of Prudential insurance through Wells
- Chipotle makes Steve Ells sole CEO, Monty Moran steps down
- Elon Musk is planning to meet Trump, says source
- Game of Thrones who? Amazon’s ‘The Grand Tour’ is now the most
- Gary Cohn may get tax benefit if he unloads his $207 million
- Gold suffering second-worst quarter in 18 years, as all goes awry
- Goldman Sachs’ David Solomon will be one of two execs to replace
- Trump picks Goldman’s Gary Cohn as key economic advisor
- Impact of a Trump tweet: Lockheed Martin lost $4 billion in market
- Sumner Redstone paid millions to mistresses and others, legal
- Silicon Valley is starting to see some silver linings in a Trump
- The seven stumbling blocks that could trip up the stock market
- Top trader Lebenthal, up 33% in 2016, buys Lockheed Martin after
- Trump eases 3 concerns about the Obama economy, Mohamed El-Erian
- Here’s what tech CEOs want to hear from Trump, according to one
- Venezuelans scramble to ditch largest bill ahead of surprise