Dow appreciates 297.84 points ( +1.55 %) to settle at 19,549.62.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index appreciates 29.12 points ( +1.32 %) and is now at 2,241.35.
The tech heavy Nasdaq went up 60.76 points ( +1.14 %) close at 5,393.76.
Oil settles at $49.83 ( +0.12 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,175.00 ( -0.21 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.35%. The interest rate of the yield has decreased ( -0.05 %), meaning that the value of the bond has increased. Decreasing bond yield means that the value of the bond increases and benefits bond holders but can discourage people from putting money in bonds.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 64.34 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 29.08 %. Volume is 17.52 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (up) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 71.46 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 64.43 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 11.56 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.25 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 06.84 %.
The median forward PE is at 17.82, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.70 % and average yield is 01.66 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.50. The PEGY Ratio of 2.50 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.71 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 22.57 (0.41; 01.85 %)
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 111.03 (1.08; 00.98 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 770.42 (5.70; 00.75 %)
- Wells Fargo & Company (WFC) at 57.28 (1.73; 03.11 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 117.95 (0.64; 00.55 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (ANTH) at 2.03 (0.56; 38.10 %)
- Intrepid Potash, Inc. (IPI) at 2.49 (0.67; 36.81 %)
- EMCORE Corporation (EMKR) at 8.45 (2.00; 31.01 %)
- Auris Medical Holding AG (EARS) at 1.45 (0.25; 20.83 %)
- PhotoMedex, Inc. (PHMD) at 3.74 (0.63; 20.26 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Sigma Designs, Inc. (SIGM) at 5.60 (-2.15;-27.74 %)
- SIFCO Industries, Inc. (SIF) at 8.65 (-1.95;-18.40 %)
- Pioneer Energy Services Corp. (PES) at 5.65 (-1.05;-15.67 %)
- Flotek Industries, Inc. (FTK) at 11.10 (-2.01;-15.33 %)
- Repros Therapeutics Inc. (RPRX) at 1.62 (-0.29;-15.18 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Wed Dec 7 15:00:01 MST 2016)
- Here’s where major strategists see stocks ending the year
- Private job creation surges in November
- Bank of America CEO Brian Moynihan sees banks benefiting from
- Oil slips on rise in US fuel stockpiles, OPEC output cut doubts
- Actually, Trump could succeed in lowering drug prices
- ‘Another bad quarter’ coming from Sears, but don’t expect a
- Apple is the ‘big test case’ for Trump offshoring policy
- Apple Music has hit 20 million paid subscribers
- Apple’s App Store has best month ever
- AT&T deal to buy Time Warner would give it a bunch of major TV
- After saying Trump would cause a ‘global depression,’ billionaire
- China’s president and Trump’s ambassador pick go way back
- Donald Trump is wrong when he says China is holding down its
- How market’s tone has shifted in December
- Investors urged ‘not to read too much’ into Trump’s ‘bring down
- Investors want robos paired with live financial advice
- Repealing Obamacare with no viable replacement ready to go could
- Starbucks sees its fast-growing China business overtaking its US
- Bof: A’s S&P forecast for 2017: Somewhere between 1,600 and 2,700
- Trump claims he didn’t read Boeing CEO’s critical comments before
- Trump picks wrestling magnate Linda McMahon to lead Small Business
- Two juveniles charged with arson in deadly Tennessee wildfire
- Why Snap has its eye on TV partnerships
- This is a big job killer Trump and Congress have overlooked