Dow appreciates 14.93 points ( +0.07 %) to settle at 19,933.81.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index appreciates 2.83 points ( +0.13 %) and is now at 2,263.79.
The tech heavy Nasdaq went up 15.27 points ( +0.28 %) close at 5,462.69.
Oil settles at $53.11 ( +0.17 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,133.30 ( -0.03 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.54%. The interest rate of the yield has decreased ( -0.01 %), meaning that the value of the bond has increased. Decreasing bond yield means that the value of the bond increases and benefits bond holders but can discourage people from putting money in bonds.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 61.18 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 30.94 %. Volume is -42.48 % % from the average. Lower volume means there is lower conviction in this (up) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 67.23 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 63.21 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 01.55 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.32 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 09.91 %.
The median forward PE is at 18.13, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.91 % and average yield is 01.61 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.53. The PEGY Ratio of 2.53 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.51 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) at 109.78 (2.67; 02.49 %)
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 116.52 (0.23; 00.20 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 760.59 (-5.75;-00.75 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 117.27 (-0.13;-00.11 %)
- Tesla Motors, Inc. (TSLA) at 213.34 (4.89; 02.35 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Portola Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (PTLA) at 25.06 (6.33; 33.80 %)
- Dipexium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (DPRX) at 2.00 (0.40; 25.00 %)
- Synergy Pharmaceuticals Inc. (SGYP) at 5.77 (1.03; 21.73 %)
- Neothetics, Inc. (NEOT) at 1.15 (0.19; 19.79 %)
- Petrobras Argentina SA (PZE) at 6.48 (1.02; 18.68 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Power Solutions International, Inc. (PSIX) at 9.58 (-1.30;-11.95 %)
- Tokai Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (TKAI) at 1.07 (-0.14;-11.57 %)
- PhotoMedex, Inc. (PHMD) at 2.55 (-0.31;-10.84 %)
- GNC Holdings, Inc. (GNC) at 10.84 (-1.30;-10.71 %)
- Pengrowth Energy Corporation (PGH) at 1.41 (-0.13;-08.44 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Fri Dec 23 15:00:01 MST 2016)
- How this ‘villain’ of the housing crash could be right for you now
- A controversial tax plan has better odds of passing than many
- Amazon reviewers are trolling Ivanka Trump, but that won’t decide
- Op-Ed: These are the courses that really prepare college students
- Oil prices hold losses as data shows US oil rig count rose by 13
- The world’s biggest hedge fund creating secret algorithm to
- Carl Icahn may have flashed a massive warning signal about Donald
- ‘Can a tweet start an arms race?’ Trump’s call boggles nuclear
- 25-year-old CEO shares 5 tricks to fast-track your career in 2017
- Bah humbug: 7 unexpected holiday bills
- Bill Ackman and wife Karen Ann Herskovitz reportedly splitting in
- Blac Chyna is promoting a shady student loan ripoff on Instagram
- US consumer sentiment highest level since 2004
- FBI probes FDIC hack linked to China’s military: Sources
- Jamie Dimon: Heavy business presence in Trump’s White House is a
- Leading retail analyst worries that Trump tax reform could slam
- Trump’s tax reforms could derail this age-old wealth-building tool
- No, Trump did NOT just reignite the Cold War
- Starbucks is giving away free drinks to ring in the new year, but
- Travelers stuck as AirTrain service delayed at Newark Airport
- Trump advisor and ex-CIA chief aims to temper the
- Trump ally Carl Paladino slammed for ‘racist’ wish list for Obamas
- Trump calls remarks on video by Berlin attacker ‘a purely
- This video explains what Donald Trump may be doing with Lockheed
- TRUMP: ‘Let it be an arms race’
- Trump’s ‘Twitter-spanking’ of defense contractors could pay off,
- Trump’s tax plan will pass despite resistance from big business:
- Watch the SNL crew gracefully change sets in under 2 minutes
- Why some magazines are going back to print