Dow appreciates 114.78 points ( +0.58 %) to settle at 19,911.21.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index appreciates 14.76 points ( +0.65 %) and is now at 2,271.72.
The tech heavy Nasdaq went up 51.29 points ( +0.95 %) close at 5,463.83.
Oil settles at $52.45 ( -1.00 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,160.50 ( +0.13 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.48%. The interest rate of the yield has increased (+0.00%), meaning that the value of the bond has decreased. Increasing bond yield means that the value of the bond decreases and hurts bond holders but can encourage people to put more money in bonds for the higher yield.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 51.59 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 42.02 %. Volume is 03.93 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (up) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 73.17 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 65.11 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 02.38 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.32 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 11.75 %.
The median forward PE is at 18.19, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.85 % and average yield is 01.52 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.56. The PEGY Ratio of 2.56 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.75 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 115.19 (1.89; 01.67 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 774.34 (14.22; 01.87 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 120.31 (2.54; 02.16 %)
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 22.61 (0.00; 00.00 %)
- Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) at 62.98 (0.81; 01.30 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- U.S. Energy Corp. (USEG) at 2.29 (0.88; 62.41 %)
- Gulfmark Offshore, Inc. (GLF) at 2.30 (0.60; 35.29 %)
- Identiv, Inc. (INVE) at 3.96 (0.59; 17.51 %)
- Cemtrex, Inc. (CETX) at 5.05 (0.71; 16.36 %)
- Recon Technology, Ltd. (RCON) at 1.62 (0.22; 15.71 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Proteon Therapeutics, Inc. (PRTO) at 2.50 (-7.40;-74.75 %)
- Inovalon Holdings, Inc. (INOV) at 9.60 (-5.25;-35.35 %)
- aTyr Pharma, Inc. (LIFE) at 2.80 (-0.85;-23.29 %)
- Apricus Biosciences, Inc. (APRI) at 1.43 (-0.36;-20.11 %)
- Carver Bancorp, Inc. (CARV) at 4.01 (-0.99;-19.80 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Tue Dec 13 15:00:01 MST 2016)
- Here’s why rising bond yields are a big deal for stocks
- 54 years later, Buffett’s Berkshire crosses $250,000
- Advertisers are pushing to keep their brands away from ‘fake’ news
- Bill Gates says Trump has the opportunity to be like JFK
- Casino stocks rally on bet Japan will be the next major gaming
- Edward Snowden to Jack Dorsey: These Twitter features are
- Google spins off self-driving car business into Waymo
- How rising rates may not matter for housing
- Jack Dorsey has not been invited to Donald Trump’s tech summit
- 11,000 employers give their verdict: Good jobs are still hard to
- Kanye West reveals why he met with Trump, teases #2024
- Fed to get more aggressive under Trump, say survey respondents
- Massive ice melt is just one of the worrying effects of 2016’s
- Obamacare report card claims next year’s higher premiums are
- Hackers are stealing files and asking people to infect other
- Rex Tillerson’s company, Exxon, has billions at stake over
- Santoli: All eyes on Yellen and Trump in Dow march to 20,000
- Silicon Valley engineers pledge to never build a Muslim registry
- Silicon Valley, still depressed about the election, tries to get
- Gun maker Smith & Wesson to change name to American Outdoor Brands
- So what if Trump and Perry shut down the Energy Department? No one
- Check out how few investors are betting against the market right
- Stress-free gifts for last-minute shoppers
- Trump’s tough talk on Taiwan threatens China more deeply than you
- Op-Ed: Investors would be crazy to ignore what the market is
- Protect your debit card while online shopping
- We need a stronger energy policy, commodities researcher Jeff
- Wells Fargo fails ‘living will’ test and faces restrictions, US
- Why Obamacare enrollees voted for Trump