Dow declines 54.92 points ( -0.29 %) to settle at 18,868.14.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index declines 3.45 points ( -0.16 %) and is now at 2,176.94.
The tech heavy Nasdaq went up 18.96 points ( +0.36 %) close at 5,294.58.
Oil settles at $45.46 ( -0.24 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,224.70 ( +0.07 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 2.22%. The interest rate of the yield has decreased ( -0.01 %), meaning that the value of the bond has increased. Decreasing bond yield means that the value of the bond increases and benefits bond holders but can discourage people from putting money in bonds.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 46.50 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 46.09 %. Volume is 08.66 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (up) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 61.31 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 60.35 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in an uptrend and not yet overbought.
There are 03.04 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 00.32 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 05.55 %.
The median forward PE is at 16.78, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.58 % and average yield is 01.61 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.28. The PEGY Ratio of 2.28 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.68 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 109.99 (2.88; 02.69 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 116.34 (-0.86;-00.73 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 746.49 (3.25; 00.44 %)
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) at 19.75 (-0.41;-02.03 %)
- NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) at 91.63 (5.44; 06.31 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Globus Maritime Limited (GLBS) at 14.23 (9.29; 188.06 %)
- China Natural Resources Inc. (CHNR) at 4.82 (3.12; 183.53 %)
- Sino-Global Shipping America, Ltd. (SINO) at 6.73 (4.31; 178.10 %)
- Diana Containerships Inc. (DCIX) at 12.86 (6.72; 109.45 %)
- Recon Technology, Ltd. (RCON) at 1.93 (0.88; 83.81 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Endologix Inc. (ELGX) at 7.82 (-2.02;-20.53 %)
- Invitae Corporation (NVTA) at 6.97 (-1.56;-18.29 %)
- PDL BioPharma, Inc. (PDLI) at 3.05 (-0.67;-18.01 %)
- Exact Sciences Corporation (EXAS) at 14.63 (-2.78;-15.97 %)
- Sanchez Production Partners LP (SPP) at 13.23 (-1.97;-12.96 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Wed Nov 16 15:00:04 MST 2016)
- 10 tech stocking stuffers
- Banks going ‘from defense to offense’
- Here are five tips to help you stay safe from IRS tax scams
- Twitter tackles cyberbullying
- Oil wobbles; US crude build offsets OPEC hopes
- Biden: No new US administration is completely prepared
- Citigroup CFO says cut in US tax rate could bring $4 billion
- The Dow is on the verge of doing something it has done only twice
- Drug prices don’t budge even after pressure from Congress
- Fed’s Bullard: Surprised if the Fed didn’t hike rates in Dec
- Fifth Avenue protests could mean trouble at Tiffany’s this holiday
- Goldman Sachs sees Trump leading to more aggressive Fed,
- Homebuilder sentiment holds steady
- Icahn says stock rally after Trump election may be overdone
- Op-Ed: Here’s why entrepreneurship in India is setting records
- Inflation expectations ‘soar,’ and Trump’s win is ‘unambiguously
- Isaacson: Humans beat machines when it comes to shades of truth on
- Millennial women care most about this
- Panel urges ban on China state firms buying US companies
- Pay more, get less: Americans have the worst health among 10
- Steve Bannon could be Wall Street’s worst enemy
- Teacher who paid off $40K in 18 mos: Saving matters more than
- Tossed aside by Trump, industry lobbyists scramble to connect
- How Trump can get paid for having the Secret Service protect his
- To grow jobs, Trump has to understand the ‘future of work’
- NYC mayor tells Trump about fear of his immigration policies in