Dow declines 42.39 points ( -0.24 %) to settle at 17,888.28.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index declines 3.48 points ( -0.17 %) and is now at 2,085.18.
The tech heavy Nasdaq declines 12.04 points ( -0.24 %) closing at 5,046.37.
Oil settles at $44.12 ( +0.11 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,305.30 ( +0.06 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 1.78%. The interest rate of the yield has decreased ( -0.03 %), meaning that the value of the bond has increased. Decreasing bond yield means that the value of the bond increases and benefits bond holders but can discourage people from putting money in bonds.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 48.00 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 43.48 %. Volume is 13.57 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (up) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 25.59 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 40.78 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in a downtrend and not yet oversold.
There are 00.54 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 02.16 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is -00.09 %.
The median forward PE is at 15.54, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.52 % and average yield is 01.63 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.13. The PEGY Ratio of 2.13 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.58 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 755.05 (-11.98;-01.56 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 120.75 (0.75; 00.62 %)
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 108.84 (-0.99;-00.90 %)
- Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) at 58.71 (-0.50;-00.84 %)
- Alphabet Inc. (GOOGL) at 781.10 (-1.09;-00.14 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- ConforMIS, Inc. (CFMS) at 9.09 (2.30; 33.87 %)
- Cara Therapeutics Inc. (CARA) at 7.27 (1.38; 23.43 %)
- Hortonworks, Inc. (HDP) at 8.02 (1.45; 22.07 %)
- Christopher & Banks Corporation (CBK) at 1.47 (0.26; 21.49 %)
- PTC Therapeutics, Inc. (PTCT) at 5.00 (0.81; 19.33 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- MDC Partners Inc. (MDCA) at 3.40 (-5.00;-59.52 %)
- Invuity, Inc. (IVTY) at 5.10 (-4.15;-44.86 %)
- Aspen Aerogels, Inc. (ASPN) at 4.04 (-1.85;-31.41 %)
- Autobytel Inc. (ABTL) at 11.04 (-5.02;-31.26 %)
- Liberty LiLAC Group (LILAK) at 19.37 (-7.12;-26.88 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Fri Nov 4 15:00:02 MDT 2016)
- Millionaire investors’ biggest move
- Get ready to stream your TV: Forrester
- How housing would do under Clinton, Trump
- Go: Pro shares plunge more than 20%
- Kohl’s: We’re open on Thanksgiving
- The tax benefits of charitable donations
- Tom Brady: Election hurts NFL ratings
- Ability to change a vote cast early may not matter, says expert
- Apple cuts USB-C adapter prices in response to MacBook Pro
- Apple quietly expands into an industry poised to take off
- Guacamole fans rejoice! Relief on avocados
- Disney falls as Nielsen reaffirms data
- Elon Musk predicts that robots will take your jobs
- Fed’s Fischer says labor market strong, Fed could overshoot goals
- Hillary Clinton’s electoral college problem, explained Vox
- What Americans don’t know about health insurance can ‘ and will ‘ cost
- Op-Ed: It doesn’t matter who wins the election. Speaker Paul Ryan
- Pharma under fire, but firms serious about research will pay off, expert
- Inside Joe Kernen’s New Jersey home
- Rising wages erode Trump’s narrative
- The five best places to move if you don’t like the US election
- If you like market volatility, you’re going to love the next president
- Turkey blocks access to Twitter, Facebook
- October job creation misses the mark
- Who US allies ‘ and others ‘ are rooting for as election nears