Dow declines 105.32 points ( -0.58 %) to settle at 18,037.10.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index declines 14.43 points ( -0.68 %) and is now at 2,111.72.
The tech heavy Nasdaq declines 35.56 points ( -0.69 %) closing at 5,153.58.
Oil settles at $46.33 ( -0.73 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,289.80 ( +0.14 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 1.82%. The interest rate of the yield has decreased ( -0.01 %), meaning that the value of the bond has increased. Decreasing bond yield means that the value of the bond increases and benefits bond holders but can discourage people from putting money in bonds.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 25.14 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 67.23 %. Volume is 20.88 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (down) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 29.56 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 44.99 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in a downtrend and not yet oversold.
There are 00.34 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 02.22 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 01.06 %.
The median forward PE is at 15.83, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.53 % and average yield is 01.63 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.21. The PEGY Ratio of 2.21 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.54 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 111.49 (-2.05;-01.81 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 785.41 (-4.41;-00.56 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 129.50 (-1.49;-01.14 %)
- Alibaba Group Holding Limited (BABA) at 101.15 (-0.54;-00.53 %)
- Alphabet Inc. (GOOGL) at 805.48 (-4.42;-00.55 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- InspireMD, Inc. (NSPR) at 3.35 (1.92; 134.27 %)
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. (VRX) at 23.86 (6.02; 33.74 %)
- Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. (OCLS) at 5.04 (1.04; 26.00 %)
- John B Sanfilippo & Son Inc. (JBSS) at 61.30 (10.62; 20.96 %)
- Performant Financial Corporation (PFMT) at 3.56 (0.54; 17.88 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- PH Glatfelter Co. (GLT) at 18.00 (-4.22;-18.99 %)
- ReWalk Robotics Ltd. (RWLK) at 2.64 (-0.61;-18.77 %)
- Pitney Bowes Inc. (PBI) at 14.54 (-3.30;-18.50 %)
- Brookdale Senior Living Inc. (BKD) at 11.80 (-2.63;-18.23 %)
- Marinemax Inc. (HZO) at 16.45 (-3.50;-17.54 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Tue Nov 1 15:00:01 MDT 2016)
- Thiel: Trump ‘gets big things right’
- 370 top economists publish scathing letter against ‘dangerous,
- New MacBook design knocked by ‘power users’
- Shoppers paying more for Coach handbags
- 5-step strategy for waking up early
- Ford deal is a huge win for BlackBerry
- Herbalife shares drop more than 3% on earnings, CEO change announcement
- Read this before choosing your benefits
- Hulu’s digital TV to include Fox, Disney
- Jay Leno: ‘Driverless’ cars a misnomer
- Just like last year, the Fed could be hiking rates into a weak economy
- How to keep your Affordable Care Act plan affordable
- Microsoft says Russia-linked hackers exploiting Windows flaw
- Millionaire investors’ biggest move
- Paul Ryan: I voted for Trump
- Silicon Valley has much bigger problems than Peter Thiel, tech investor
- Tesla says SolarCity will add $500 million cash to balance sheet over
- Weather Channel ‘escapes’ the election
- US construction falls in September
- Valeant shares spike more than 30% on report it is in talks to sell
- The ‘fear index’ is telling markets more right now than stocks are
- Why Democratic panic may just be wasted energy
- Why stocks may be set for a huge move in the weeks ahead
- Wingstop raises revenue forecasts for 2016