Dow appreciates 73.14 points ( +0.40 %) to settle at 18,332.74.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index appreciates 8.04 points ( +0.38 %) and is now at 2,139.56.
The tech heavy Nasdaq went up 27.32 points ( +0.53 %) close at 5,193.49.
Oil settles at $44.85 ( -0.29 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,276.10 ( +0.13 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 1.86%. The interest rate of the yield has increased ( +0.03 %), meaning that the value of the bond has decreased. Increasing bond yield means that the value of the bond decreases and hurts bond holders but can encourage people to put more money in bonds for the higher yield.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 52.09 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 39.10 %. Volume is 09.34 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (up) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 38.28 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 46.78 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in a downtrend and not yet oversold.
There are 01.34 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 01.36 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 00.32 %.
The median forward PE is at 15.94, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.50 % and average yield is 01.70 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.19. The PEGY Ratio of 2.19 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.58 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- CVS Health Corporation (CVS) at 73.53 (-9.86;-11.82 %)
- Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. (HTZ) at 27.70 (-8.04;-22.50 %)
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 111.06 (0.65; 00.59 %)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 787.75 (2.82; 00.36 %)
- The Priceline Group Inc. (PCLN) at 1578.13 (97.80; 06.61 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Stone Energy Corp. (SGY) at 5.65 (1.63; 40.55 %)
- Earthstone Energy, Inc. (ESTE) at 11.43 (2.45; 27.28 %)
- Osiris Therapeutics, Inc. (OSIR) at 5.18 (0.99; 23.63 %)
- Hongli Clean Energy Technologies Corp. (CETC) at 2.93 (0.54; 22.59 %)
- Patriot National, Inc. (PN) at 6.90 (1.20; 21.05 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- BioScrip, Inc. (BIOS) at 1.36 (-1.25;-47.89 %)
- Kindred Healthcare Inc. (KND) at 6.15 (-2.60;-29.71 %)
- CGG (CGG) at 18.48 (-7.43;-28.68 %)
- Model N, Inc. (MODN) at 7.70 (-2.40;-23.76 %)
- LB Foster Co. (FSTR) at 9.75 (-2.95;-23.23 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Tue Nov 8 15:00:01 MST 2016)
- YOUR MONEY ‘ YOUR VOTE
- Goldman Sachs’ election night guide
- Oil steady as voters head to the polls
- Voters mixed in Fla’s foreclosure capital
- Clinton’s ‘3rd term’ of Obama would cause a US recession, says
- Dollar leans toward Clinton win, but traders brace for wild night
- When can I go to bed? An hour-by-hour guide to election night
- Facebook ads will now take you to Messenger
- Election amps up social media rivalries
- Fate of ‘too big to fail’ rule and Sen Warren’s consumer watchdog
- Fed’s Evans says it’s tough to dissuade Fed from December rate
- Fed’s Evans: Not confident inflation headed higher
- Gisele Bundchen: She and Tom Brady aren’t backing Trump
- The Donald Trump premium looks like it’s fading off gold prices
- Trump awakens a sleeping giant…
- Holiday shoppers: Watch out for fraud
- Kudlow: If Trump wins, buy the dip. If Clinton wins, sell the
- In a PA county, voters are divided
- Marijuana stocks rise on optimism California, Florida votes will
- Trump v Clinton is sending the Mexican peso on a wild ride today
- Desks are out, says UBS
- North Carolina basks’and sweats’in election spotlight
- On Election Day, Trump still says it’s ‘largely a rigged system’
- Photo of Trump glancing at Melania as she votes makes internet
- Here is when the polls close on Election Day in every state
- Republicans will face ‘soul-searching moment’ tomorrow, former
- Nevada judge refuses to give order sought by Trump campaign in
- Food stocks rally on M&A talk
- Victim pushed off Times Sq subway platform reportedly was