Dow declines 18.77 points ( -0.10 %) to settle at 18,142.42.
The US Large Cap S&P 500 index declines 0.26 points ( -0.01 %) and is now at 2,126.15.
The tech heavy Nasdaq declines 0.96 points ( -0.02 %) closing at 5,189.14.
Oil settles at $46.71 ( -0.32 % from last trading day.)
Gold is now at $1,278.80 ( +0.45 % from previous.)
The 10 year bond yield is at 1.83%. The interest rate of the yield has decreased ( -0.01 %), meaning that the value of the bond has increased. Decreasing bond yield means that the value of the bond increases and benefits bond holders but can discourage people from putting money in bonds.
The percentage of advancing stocks in the InvestDashboard.com stock universe is at 48.56 % while the percent of declining stocks is at 44.49 %. Volume is 08.82 % % from the average. Higher volume means there is higher conviction in this (up) move.
The percent of stocks above the 50 Day Moving Average is 34.71 % while the percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average is 48.69 %. The percent of stocks above the 200 Day Moving Average says that stocks are generally in a downtrend and not yet oversold.
There are 00.75 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week high with 01.93 % of stocks hitting a new 52 week low.
The S&P 500 return over the last 52 weeks is 02.58 %.
The median forward PE is at 15.79, the average 5 year estimated growth is at 12.56 % and average yield is 01.60 %.
The average PEGY ratio (PEGY = (PE Ratio / (Growth+Yield))) is 2.14. The PEGY Ratio of 2.14 is greater than 2 and the market is very expensive!
The average short percent of float is at 06.63 %.
The most traded stocks based on dollar value traded are:
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) at 789.82 (13.50; 01.74 %)
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) at 113.54 (-0.18;-00.16 %)
- Level 3 Communications, Inc. (LVLT) at 56.15 (2.10; 03.89 %)
- Facebook, Inc. (FB) at 130.99 (-0.30;-00.23 %)
- CenturyLink, Inc. (CTL) at 26.58 (-3.81;-12.54 %)
The winners with above average volume are:
- Intersections Inc. (INTX) at 2.20 (0.44; 25.00 %)
- Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. (BRCD) at 10.60 (1.91; 21.98 %)
- Atossa Genetics, Inc. (ATOS) at 1.84 (0.32; 21.05 %)
- Gaia, Inc. (GAIA) at 7.40 (1.15; 18.40 %)
- Team Health Holdings, Inc. (TMH) at 42.85 (6.05; 16.44 %)
The losers with above average volume are:
- Yuma Energy, Inc. (YUMA) at 2.50 (-0.51;-16.94 %)
- Lumber Liquidators Holdings, Inc. (LL) at 15.51 (-2.97;-16.07 %)
- Nxt-ID, Inc. (NXTD) at 3.05 (-0.54;-15.04 %)
- EV Energy Partners LP (EVEP) at 1.86 (-0.31;-14.29 %)
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc. (ZBH) at 105.40 (-17.15;-13.99 %)
Most Recent Financial News (Updated Mon Oct 31 15:00:01 MDT 2016)
- Analysts don’t talk up China like Apple
- Exports boost US growth in Q3
- The vengeful world of Donald Trump, and why it matters
- Mobile is the new digital: Forrester
- Brocade soars on report of talks to sell itself
- Chipotle’s burger is getting ‘meh’ reviews
- Clinton: FBI should ‘by all means’ look at emails, ‘there is no case
- Clinton lead over Trump virtually unchanged despite FBI news, poll says
- CNN ends relationship with DNC’s Donna Brazile
- DOJ says it is working with FBI to examine new Clinton-related emails
- Tracking reports of voting problems
- FBI has become a ‘political football’ after letter to Congress, former
- Humans and robots on the factory floor
- GE to combine with Baker Hughes
- Here’s the real takeaway from Harry Reid’s letter to FBI Director
- Single ladies shaking up this market
- Obamacare’s new enrollment season will begin with higher prices, fewer
- NASA pumpkin carving contest puts your office Halloween to shame
- Rights groups press Facebook on policies
- Self-made millionaire shares 3 steps to getting rich
- Strategist Stovall: If you sold in May, it’s time to buy; small caps,
- US attorney general did not order FBI to withhold Clinton-related emails
- Valeant shares drop on report of criminal probe of ex-CEO and CFO
- Viacom names Robert Bakish acting CEO
- Wells Fargo agrees to $50 million settlement over homeowner fees